Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Preparing for a party!






Sooooo, Francy, my soon to be one year old... her birthday party is coming up this Sunday. I always get all these
wonderful ideas of things I would like to do and sometimes I bite off more than I can chew. Well, for her first birthday I was really hoping to make a paper mac
he Pinata! I know, I know, very messy and you can buy them for cheap BUT since my daugthers birthday happens to fall on Cinco De Mayo I thought I would start a pinata tradition. It looks so fun!
Well needless to say I also was hoping to have a beautiful cake at her first birthday and had planned on a friend of mine making it but due to some last minute changes she was unable to. Soooo, I also thought well hey I can just make that myself too! Why not! So in the works for her birthday weekend is three tiers of vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry filling and Italian Meringe buttercream frosting! I think I can I think I can.....

so I tried. Needless to say both turned out ok. The cake was a bit dry... due to the fact I made it two days ahead of time and stuck in the fridge... el mistako numero uno. I also think something was off with the frosting. It was a bit too buttery?? If that is possible. I think I will have to try that one again.
As far as the pinata goes... well that was a bit interestin
g as well. The first attempt resulted in a too big head. The second one was more to scale but I didn't have time to embellish. Oh well, now I know for next year.


Man all these things I want to try now that I am a mom and just not enough hours in the day. What ever did I do when I didn't have a kid! Ok, yes now I remember I was in school ooofta don't feel as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment