Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


This passage, although brief, could very easily sum up my goals as a mother. Oh to be a joyful mother who imparts the gladness of the heart of God to all my children! Granted at this point I only have one but I am learning every day what it means to choose joy!
Praying continually.... that my heart posture would be one of true relationship and communication with my Lord and King. After all, isn't that the gift of prayer! That it would be the path on which we walk hand in hand with Jesus. Not just an avenue of requests but a true place of relationship with God. Declaring who He is to our hearts and to our children! That place both in word and thought that no one can alter or steal away. The avenue of renewing our hope and re-affirming His identity.
Praying is such an essential aspect of motherhood. It is often times done unconsciencly and yet other times takes so much effort. Lord, let my prayers be free flowing from my heart to yours. Unrestrained communication and relationship with You at all times. That both in the secret place and in the not so secret place I would seek you first!
From a thankful heart I come before Him.... but how easily dismayed and fickle I can become. I will choose to give thanks in all things! Teach me Lord how to declare your goodness despite my circumstances. For your goodness is not dependent on me rather You are Goodness and you never fail me!
That as a mother I would walk in Your will because I know Your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment