Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I love my momma!!


I am sure you have heard of Christmas in July.... well this is Mother's Day in July, sort of. I figure I can't have a mommy blog and not talk about my own mother!!!! Mostly just an excuse to brag on my mommy cause she deserves it! Just being a mom has got me thinking a lot about my own mom. All the nights I spend up with my little girl. All the alone moments, all the silly moments and uh-oh moments, and then there are the so sweet moments where I am just undone by how much I love my little person I don't even know how to handle myself. Then I think about how my mom must have felt/feel about me. Did she love me like I love my daughter? Does she still worry about me even though I am all grown up. How many times can I count as a child that she sacrificed so that I could do something or have something. How many nights did she sit by my bed and play with my hair or scratch my back so that I could fall asleep. How often she drove me to and from events spending hours upon hours just taking me wherever I needed to go as often as I needed to go there. Besides all those little things that mommies do that no one ever notices she taught me how to love Jesus. She taught me how to be the kind of friend a friend would want to have. She taught me how to take care of others and love my siblings. She was my greatest advocate! Constantly pointing me in the right direction. She is wonderful of course but mostly I just want her to know that maybe I didn't notice or appreciate all the wonderful things you did for me then but I am remembering them now. Thank you thank you! From the bottom of my heart. For always loving me no matter what. Yes, of course I know... it's your job but thank you for doing it so well! You are one of my best friends and greatest inspirations. Love you so very much! xoxooxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment